[VACANCY] Trade Marketing Associate at Greenlight Planet
Written by Armour Radio on August 28, 2017
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today.
Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
– Developing promotional plans generated from trade opportunity insights and competition activity
– Working closely with retail manager, market research and brand managers to align trade programs
– Liaising with retail managers to plan for area promotions
– Managing agencies in implementation and evaluation of promotions
– Supporting brand team in the activity planning process, clarifying trade programs objectives, activities and schedule
– Assisting brand managers in the development of POS material specific to retail channels
– Procuring branding material, POS, merchandise and other resources required for the promotions.
– Managing all regional local council requirements relative to campaign.
– Carrying out weekly audits as per market itineraries to evaluate execution as per standard.
– Managing appointed agencies & training of merchandisers of picture of success
– In liaison with retail manager developing itinerary and routes for merchandisers
Retail Store Branding:
– Ensure retail store location is at a vantage point and with-in retail standards
– Supervise and coordinate with supplier to ensure timely execution of Store branding as per signed off artwork
Agency and Supplier Management:
– Develop and manage close relationships with agencies and suppliers
– Drive cost productivity in procurement
The ideal Trade Marketing Associate:
– Has a Masters degree or Post Graduate qualification from a Premier institution
– Has 2-3 years of Trade Marketing experience in a consumer-facing role, preferably across different countries
– Is mission-driven, entrepreneurial and passionate about making a significant difference in the world
– Lives and works in Nigeria
– Has experience managing agencies and vendors
– Has practical experience in retail marketing and activation campaigns.
– Has the desire & drive to help take a break-out start-up to the next level
– Is fluent in English
– Enjoys the challenge of working independently and creatively with a fast-growing global enterprise
– Likes getting hands on and figuring out how to grow a high-potential business
– Has strong project management skills
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Company – Greenlight Planet
Job Level – Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location – Lagos
Specialization – Marketing / Advertising / Communications
Job Type – Full-Time
Minimum Qualification – MBA / MSc
Preferred Years of Experience – 1 – 3 years
Application Deadline – Friday